Ladies, it’s here. Right about now you might be wondering if your husband has any idea that Valentine’s Day is around the corner…. how he’s failed your expectations in the past… or your dropping hints for days and he is fully aware but you are wishing he would come up with some amazing scheme of romance on his own.
Don’t be that girl. DO NOT BE THE EXPECTING WIFEY. You are only frustrating you, only causing misery for you, and probably only setting yourself up for disappointment. Not to mention – setting your husband up for failure. Poor guy!
Let’s switch it up this year, shall we???? EXPECT NOTHING.
Nada. ZIP. ZILCH. Nothiiiiiiiing!!!!
HE WHO REFRESHES OTHERS WILL HIM(HER)SELF BE REFRESHED!!! ~ Proverbs 11:25
A couple weeks ago I took my husband on a date. That’s happened like maybe once before?? I don’t even remember – that’s how often it happens. Pathetic.
I, then, had lunch with a friend who has made it her #1 and ONLY goal this year to be a better wife, and she, too said she had never taken her husband on a date before. Let me tell you, ladies… the men are not the ones slacking – WE ARE.
AND I WAS GIDDY!!! The entire night of our date, just a simple movie and dinner, I was like a kid in an all milk duds candy store!! No reason, except that it felt EXHILARATING to GIVE to my husband!! It just made me want to do it more and more and MORE.
So, here’s your reminder – go put it on a sticky note on your work computer, put a reminder in your phone, WRITE IT ON YOUR SKIN – and I mean RIGHT NOW. I’m a full believer that our men have the ability to change the world – BUT WE ARE THE POWER BEHIND THEM.
So, I don’t want to hear about what your husband got you or where he took you or how he nailed or failed this Valentine’s Day – I want to hear how you are going to REFRESH HIM. Make a plan or plan to fail – don’t be all up in your feelings focusing on YOU – make this Valentine’s Day about HIM. HOW FUN IS THAT!?!?!? Oh, yes first you may have to gut out some bitterness and peel away the disappointment that has drowned the fire that once burned — and if that’s the case, believe me, I feel you. But I have little sympathy for a wifey that complains how her husband is not meeting her needs but makes no mention of his… NEWS FLASH: MEETING NEEDS is not what marriage is actually for – that man is your ministry, your highest calling, and your greatest place of service, forgiveness and grace. Be living grace to him. As you and I have been freely forgiven, freely forgive. Let’s gut out the bitterness and grab the matches! We’re not rekindling a flame – LET’S SET THIS MARRIAGE ON FIRE!!!!
Here’s TEN TIPS for your VDAY SPOIL YOUR MAN PLAN:
1. SPECIAL OFFER!! JUST FOR YOU AND ONLY HERE!! THIS GIFT!!! Can’t think of anything to gift him? I can!! BOUDOIR SPECIAL!!! MENTION THIS BLOG AND GET 5 FREE DIGITAL IMAGES!! ($150 value) at Mi Amor Studio!!
Not only can you bring your own outfits, but you don’t have to make a big lingerie investment because they have accessories, outfits, and even shoes in most, if not all sizes! She’s doing sessions 7 days a week right now and you’ll be guaranteed your VDay gift for your man as long as you book your session for by Feb 10th! **LIMITED APPT AVAILABILITY, CALL TRACEY at 405-226-4646 & BOOK ASAP! HE WILL LOOOOOOVE IT!!!
2. LINGERIE. GASP!! Right? Yes, I’m serious. Quit putting it off and get some on! What, he doesn’t deserve it? You’re too fat and refuse to wear it? Get over yourself sister, our men do not see us the way we see us. Get in something skanky and OWN IT! Maybe even make that part of your date night… a trip to Christy’s Toy Box. CRAY CRAY, I know. But I don’t care if it’s in your comfort zone — comfort zones are exactly what are killing our marriages today — JUMP OUT!!!!
3. YOU MAKE THE RESERVATION. HIS favorite restaurant!
4. YOU SEND THE FLOWERS!
5. SEXT HIM!
6. HIS FAVORITE BEER OR 2LITER W/ A BIG BOW!
7. CD OF SONGS OR PHOTOBOOK of couple pics – easily made @ CVS or Walgreens, be sure to include some fun throwbacks!
8. GET A ROOM! And a babysitter. Heyyy!!! Hotel, motel, holiday inn…. or The Skirvin. Sheridan is my personal fave 🙂
9. FISHING LURE – or a gift card for whatever floats his boat.
10. DECORATE his car w/ balloons, his office drawer with hot VS panties, lipstick love words on the bathroom mirror or maybe just buy him a hot new shirt (Ross is cheap and great for guy shirts) and hang it in the front of his closet with a sweet note telling him how HOT he is!
Party Galaxy, Dollar store, whatever – they have aisles of fun little hearts, goodies, balloons, and festive Valentine’s goodies to throw in to your plan!
Got it? Good. GET IT GIRL!!! I WANT TO SEE YOU BE BRAVE!!!